Trundling along the Thames Path

For me, the river Thames represents continuity: It links Oxford, where my wife used to live, and London, where we now live; George Gilbert Scott built a gothic bridge across the river in Clifton Hampden, while his grandson - Giles Gilbert Scott - built the imposing Art Deco Battersea Power Station downstream; Marc Isambard Brunel built the first tunnel under the river near Rotherhithe, while his son - Isambard Kingdom Brunel - built the Moulsford Railway Bridge further upstream.

My ambition is to walk the whole length of the Thames Path. I have perhaps walked a third of it so far.

This started off as a fun design / visualisation exercise, where I came up with the idea of representing the outline of the river using names of cities and towns that it passes through. After I made an interactive version, I decided to actually write about my walks, and here it is: a little website about my journey along the Thames.



Check it out here: http://www.seewah.com/my-thames-path-journey/.

I hope this will inspire you to embark on a journey, be it along the Thames or anywhere else. Go out there and explore!

Comments

Popular Posts